An Open Letter & Offer of Service To Our Clients & Business Community re: Covid 19
Like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, we all find ourselves thrust unexpectedly into a brave new world. Frankly, I feel a bit disoriented. We’re all having to find our bearings in a new reality and chart ourselves a course forwards.
To be sure, there are many challenges with this new world. Some will experience greater hardships than others. Some businesses are getting hit first and hit hard. My heart goes out to my friends in the hospitality industry. My thanks to those serving in the front-lines of our health care system.
But I also see cause for optimism and room for opportunity. I’m not going to try and spin this with a rose coloured lens, but here are a couple of things to think about…
- We’re all in this together. I’m seeing cooperation and compassion happen between individuals, between businesses. (Scarecrow, The Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion team up with Dorothy).
- New Found Time. Personally, for at least the next few weeks, I have my evenings and weekends free from all extra-curricular activities. This is time that can be redeployed into family time, hobby pursuits and time with friends and family (with appropriate social distancing!)
As we journey through this new land, we need to keep our wits about us. We also need to be prepared to give and receive help and courtesies…
I see our Community (business and individuals) stepping up to be helpfu:
- Grocery stores opening early for “Seniors Only” times
- Scouts writing letters of thanks and encouragement to our front-line Health Care Workers
- Rogers waiving Internet data overage & roaming fees and opening up kid and news channels
- Zoho and Microsoft making their online collaboration tools available for free to help employees work from home
- and many more examples.
This got me thinking…
What can I do to help my community?
What I’ve come up with (so far) is a modest gesture but a heartfelt one. We’ll help you communicate important changes to your business at NO CHARGE because of the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Put an information notice on your website.
- Put up a page with your notice/details.
- Update your Google My Business listing.
Like I say, it’s a modest offer, but we feel you shouldn’t have to worry about paying to get that word out.
We’re making this available to all of our Clients and any other local small business in the Greater Barrie Area who has a WordPress or Joomla site (those are the platforms we’re most conversant in).
I’m assuming whatever demand we get for this will be something we can accomodate so at this point I’m not worrying about putting any restrictions or limits on the service.
So, if you need help getting the word out, please contact us by email us at email@example.com or call us at (705) 792-7155.
If your business is doing anything to help a community or you want to give kudos to a business that is helping a community, please make mention of it in the comments.
With you on this journey to see the Wizard,
P.S. – I count Piggybank amongst the more fortunate ones (#grateful) because we transitioned to all of our staff to working from home some 9 months ago. We still keep our office in Downtown Barrie for meetings. For now we’re encouraging all of our meetings with Clients and Prospects to be virtual where practical. We’re fully equipped for phone conferences and web meetings.