Yesterday, I managed to break our website. I was doing some fancy stuff…testing something that we will be rolling into the websites we do for our Clients…and I managed to break the website. Our pages weren’t loading.
Thankfully, before I did this pioneering work, I made a back-up. We’ve tested our website back-up and restore plans before, but today was the first time I’ve had to do a complete website restore for real!
Before I did the restore, I took more back-ups. I double checked everything. I was nervous about overwriting my whole website with a restore I only had theoretical confidence in.
I spent about 2 hours getting ready for the restore. The actual restore itself took about 15 minutes. And it worked like a charm!
Thank God for back-ups!