Yesterday, I managed to break our website. I was doing some fancy stuff…testing something that we will be rolling into the websites we do for our Clients…and I managed to break the website. Our pages weren’t loading.
Thankfully, before I did this pioneering work, I made a back-up of our Joomla site use the very excellent Akeeba Backup extension. We’ve tested our website back-up and restore plans before, but today was the first time I’ve had to do a complete website restore for real!
Before I did the restore, I took more back-ups. I double checked everything. I was nervous about overwriting my whole website with a restore I only had theoretical confidence in.
I spent about 2 hours getting ready for the restore. The actual restore itself took about 15 minutes. And it worked like a charm!
Thank God for back-ups!
is not your typical Web Geek! Scott’s passion is around helping local Entrepreneurs leverage Online Marketing and Direct Response tactics to create Piggybanks–marketing assets that faithfully deliver new Customers, month after month.