99% of Businesses Are Doing It All Wrong And Are Missing Out On The
Real, Measurable Power of Social Media Marketing
Oh boy! Social Media Marketing. For me, it’s a hot topic!
“But First a Rant…”
I see far too many business owners—usually the ones with too much free time on their hands because they’re not busy with Client work—kidding themselves that they’re doing something useful for their business by posting and trolling the Social Media highways. What’s worse is that they’re often doing it because some Social Media zealot got them wide-eyed crazy over the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. After working with 100’s of local professional businesses over the past many years, I can definitively tell you that most of what’s happening on Social Media in the name of Marketing is a waste of time. To them, I say: “Stop kidding yourself and start to demand social media marketing that you can measure and, most importantly, gets you booked with Client work.”
Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, let me be very clear: Social Media Marketing can be a very powerful tool in your Lead Generation System, when done right.
Use Social Media To Attract Targeted Visitors And
Get Them Into Your Sales Funnel
The #1 way we generate Leads with Social Media is when we use it to attract targeted traffic to your online sales funnel; Social Media Market is not a standalone marketing effort. We know that, of people who come to your website some are going to leave without taking any action. That’s where the sport of marketing comes in. How do we entice these visitors to raise their hand and make themselves known to you as a Lead?
[Download the full report link]
Note earlier I said “sales funnel”. It isn’t enough to send people to your home page or blog article and hope. Set it and forget it doesn’t work. Once there, we need to entice them to act…to do the next step in an intentionally engineered sales funnel. And by split testing various offers and ways to do that enticing, we can optimize your results. Now, the best qualified visitors have a clear path to “raising their hands” instead of simply leaving your site.
Measurable Results From Your Social Media Marketing Performance Report, Easy, Actionable Insights
Being able to measure your Return on Investment (ROI) for time and money you spend on Social Media Marketing is critical. But measurement goes beyond just ROI. Knowing which Social Media efforts are paying off gives you valuable insight into what your market is hungry for and how you should optimize your efforts to get even better ROI. And let’s be clear here, I’m not talking about squishy numbers such as “Facebook Likes”. I’m talking about which efforts are making the phone ring.
When we move from being a business driven by what we think we should do to a data-driven business, you have a very powerful mechanism for getting the most out of every hour and dollar you put into your business.
If you are doing a Lead Generation campaign with us, then every month you’ll receive a Performance Report that shows you such things as:
- How many Leads (phone calls and form submissions) we’ve generated,
- What your Cost Per Lead was
- Which ads are performing best.
- Important things we did that month and things we’re planning to do in the future.
- Key observations that give you actionable insight into your market and messaging.
Ready to discover if Social Media Marketing is a winning strategy for you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer Social Media Training? Yes and no. What we don’t offer is generic SMM training. The training you’ll get from us is focused on working with your specific Social media properties and strategy…stuff like: developing a content strategy (what kinds of posts and frequency you should use) and how to use tools like Hootsuite to make posting easier.
- Do you setup Social Media? Yes! Even if you’re not ready to do a whole SMM campaign, you should identify which SM properties are right for you and get them setup correctly. It’s not hard, but there are some certain best practices that can make a big difference in the long run. And if you’ve already got social media properties setup, we can take a look at them and make any needed changes. Just give us a call and we’re happy to help make sure it’s right
- How do you measure the ROI of Social Media? Let’s be clear…social media marketing isn’t free. It takes, at minimum, an investment of your time and if you’re serious about SMM, you’re investing money in it. That means, you should be expecting a return on that investment (ROI). Every month, you should be looking at the number of Leads and Clients you got from your SMM efforts. You can’t take “awareness” to the bank!